Friday, February 4, 2011

Some random things about what I've been doing differently

So, figured I would take some time to write down some of the things I've been doing differently on my journey here.

- I found out that if I chop up the lettuce in my salad I can get by with only 1 Tbsp of dressing instead of 2. Seems like the dressing coats the lettuce better when it's in smaller pieces.  Once I finish up the House Dressing I got form the Melting Pot (I love it!) I'm going to move to a lower calorie dressing. 1 Tbsp. of this right now is 80 cals.

- I had a craving for brats the other day so I bought a small pack. I had one without a bun and a bunch of broccoli. I also measured out 1 Tbsp. of ketchup and added a bunch of mustard since there is next to zero calories in mustard.

-Not only have I been tracking my food diligently but I've also been measuring everything, including condiments, at least for now.  After awhile I'm sure I'll get better at eyeballing the amounts, but for now figured measuring is the way to go.

-I've also been working on cutting down the bad stuff that I don't want to cut completely out. For example, I had a salad the other day that I usually like shredded cheese and bacon pieces on. I cut down half of the cheese I usually use down to 1/8 c. and instead of the usualy 4 pieces of bacon I cut up, I used only 1 piece. 

-I've been working really hard to have a bunch of veggies and fruit around to snack on, especially celery and cucumbers since they are very low in calories and it gives me the satisfaction of crunching on something.

-The best thing I've been doing is taking the time at night and on the weekend to plan out my meals and make ahead of time what I can. I just bought some bananas to let soften to make up some more whole wheat banana flax pancakes for breakfast.

Well that's all for now. Just wanted to share while I was thinking about it.  Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment